Here are some links that we have visited and recommend:
Across the Bay
- Porter’s Alaskan Adventures: Hesketh Island Cabins for rent. Quintessential Alaskan, cozy, quiet, sauna fired daily accessed by water taxi. Our family has been making this a destination ever since our youngest were little. It is a great place to get reacquainted with your kids!
- bobstrophycharters.com Pete now runs the Nauti Lady, a 50 foot U S Coast Guard inspected vessel out of Bob’s Trophy Charters which holds up to 17 passengers for day trips out of the Homer harbor.
- Spruce Acres Cabins: (877-500-7404) or (907-235-8388) Cabins convenient to downtown with a real “Alaskan” feel.
- Raspberry Hill Vacation Rentals: Open year round, Raspberry Hill is a cozy log cabin nestled in a lush raspberry patch overlooking the breathtaking beauty of Kachemak Bay. Enjoy majestic sunsets and panoramic views of the Homer Spit and the snow capped mountains of the Chugach Range. Raspberry Hill offers a serene setting with the convenience of downtown Homer and the Homer Spit just minutes away. Raspberry Hill accommodates up to 5 guests. Extended stay discounts and winter rates are offered. Please call (907)-299-3071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- homeralaska.org – Homer Alaska Chamber of Commerce
- Coal Point Seafoods: Fish processing on the Homer Spit.
- The Alaska Marine Conservation Council: Founded in 1994, the Alaska Marine Conservation Council (AMCC) is a community-based organization dedicated to protecting the long- term health of Alaska’s oceans and sustaining the working waterfronts of our coastal communities. Our members include fishermen, subsistence harvesters, marine scientists, small business owners, conservationists, families and others who care about Alaska’s oceans. Our way of life, livelihoods and economies depend on healthy marine ecosystems. Our Mission is to protect the natural diversity and integrity of Alaska’s marine ecosystems by working with the coastal communities whose well being depends on healthy oceans.
- Vida’s Thai Food on Pioneer Ave.
- K-Bay Caffe on Pioneer Ave. kbaycoffee.com
- The Bagel Shop at 3745 East End Rd, Homer, AK 99603: The best little bagel restaurant around. Great bagels great schmears! 907.299.2099
- homerfarmersmarket.org: If you enjoy buying local while traveling, check out the directory of farmer’s markets that are held in the summer months around the State. The Homer Farmer’s Market is an especially robust affair and a great way to add local produce to your fresh-caught seafood bounty. There are craftspeople there that offer some great local art, the best jams and jellies around, and a huge variety of vegetables and fruits. Sometimes, you can buy shrimp, oysters, and salmon there, too. ENJOY!
- Camano Island Coffee – Favorite coffee place near our new stomping grounds La Conner Washington!