Here are some links that we have visited and recommend and a special fishing recommendation:
- North Country Charters on the Homer Spit – www.northcountrycharters.com Ask for Pete on the Julia Lynn! He will be driving the Julia Lynn this season for Eric.
Across the Bay
- Porter’s Alaskan Adventures: Hesketh Island Cabins for rent. Quintessential Alaskan, cozy, quiet, sauna fired daily accessed by water taxi.
- A Seaside Adventure, individualized kayaking and ecotours owned and operated by Rick and Dorle Harness, with over 25 years experience and a perfect safety record guiding in Kachemak Bay. We live and headquarter our tours in Little Tutka Bay, also known as Cozy Cove, on the south side of Kachemak Bay, a half hour boat ride from the Homer harbor. We cater to guests of all ages and skill levels in the most protected cove and island system of Kachemak Bay where we take you on a tour among an abundance of wildlife and spectacular scenery. Rick, naturalist and guide, grew up in Alaska and shares his expansive knowledge with humor, and his enthusiasm for his home is contagious.You might want to visit for a day, but you also have the option to stay in this ‘living picture’. Spend a few days in our cozy seaside cabin where you can take in the serenity, natural wonders, sunsets, wildlife and adventures that let you forget the busy world of the road system for a while. We are very fortunate to live, work and play in such a pristine environment, and love sharing this treasure with our guests. Nestled behind the Herring Islands, our home base is located at the gateway of Kachemak Bay State Park. We invite you to join us for a true Alaskan experience.
- The Sports Shed 907-235-5562: Our favorite tackle shop with kitchenette units, right on the Homer Spit
- Vista View – 907 235-5188 180 Degree view and friendly hosts Janet and Henry up East Hill Road
- Spruce Acres Cabins (877-500-7404) or (907-235-8388) Cabins convenient to downtown with a real “Alaskan” feel.
- Raspberry Hill Vacation Rentals: Open year round, Raspberry Hill is a cozy log cabin nestled in a lush raspberry patch overlooking the breathtaking beauty of Kachemak Bay. Enjoy majestic sunsets and panoramic views of the Homer Spit and the snow capped mountains of the Chugach Range. Raspberry Hill offers a serene setting with the convenience of downtown Homer and the Homer Spit just minutes away. Raspberry Hill accommodates up to 5 guests. Extended stay discounts and winter rates are offered. Please call (907)-299-3071 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Coal Point Seafoods: fish processing on the Homer Spit
- The Alaska Marine Conservation Council: Founded in 1994, the Alaska Marine Conservation Council (AMCC) is a community-based organization dedicated to protecting the long- term health of Alaska’s oceans and sustaining the working waterfronts of our coastal communities. Our members include fishermen, subsistence harvesters, marine scientists, small business owners, conservationists, families and others who care about Alaska’s oceans. Our way of life, livelihoods and economies depend on healthy marine ecosystems. Our Mission is to protect the natural diversity and integrity of Alaska’s marine ecosystems by working with the coastal communities whose well being depends on healthy oceans. As a member of the Board of Directors of AMCC, Pete enthusiastically supports the mission and encourages others to join.
- The Bagel Shop -3745 East End Rd, Homer, AK 99603 – The best little bagel restaurant around – Great bagels great schmears – 907.299.2099
- Alaska’s Farmer’s Markets
If you enjoy buying local while traveling, check out the directory of farmer’s markets that are held in the summer months around the State. The Homer Farmer’s Market is an especially robust affair and a great way to add local produce to your fresh-caught seafood bounty. There are craftspeople there that offer some great local art, the best jams and jellies around, and a huge variety of vegetables and fruits. Sometimes, you can buy shrimp, oysters, and salmon there, too. ENJOY!